« Home | proto-chop » | Touchdown! » | Megasquirt Assembled! (Autobots, roll out!) » | 7-7-7 » | Rimz » | MegaSquirt Reciept » | Memorial day weekend » | High-rez steering box » | Quick update... » | Bling! »

Dirty Jobs

Small update. didn't get much done because all the work under the car took a lot out of me.

I think I was the nastiest I've ever been in my whole life this weekend. That sort of thing happens, you know, when you decide to scrape off all th old dirt, oil and rust from underneath a car. Its especially bad when you're under the car as well, and your instrument of choice is a wire-wheel on a power drill.

This is me. I'm having a good day, really.



Seriously, i felt like someone had stuffed me into a sandblasting cabinet for a few hours.

This is the view I enjoyed for most of the day:



Its getting there. The rusty spots are getting hit with some POR15 and then some Herculiner. Everything else just gets the Herculiner. Right now I've finished from the firewall to the rear seat bulkhead. I ran out of paint there, and theres also a few spots that need to be patched also before I move on.


More dirty work here. CV joint rebuild. my boot kits are on backorder, so i've got a bunch of nice clean steel parts sitting in WD-40 filled bags while I wait.





I also repainted my rear springs.



I'm in the middle of re-sealing my gas tank with the POR-15 kit right now. Should be done by tomorrow, and i can repaint the outside this weekend. Will update when I get a little closer to done on that project.